ATACAMA – 10-25 October 2020
After the first bikepacking group experience in Patagonia we decide to return in Chile and to cross the Atacama Desert. This is a very special place for us, here in 2001 was born the idea of what we are today as a bike travel agency.
Chile with its geographic diversity, gives us a good opportunity to visit places like Los Andes, Atacama Desert, the altiplane’s lakesand also ancient cultures like Atacamaña, Aymaras or the Mapuches.
The Atacama Desert is the driest in the world, being protected from humidity on both sides by big mountain ranges, as the Andes along the interior and the Coastal Range towards the Pacific Ocean.
Hundreds of years ago, ancestor’s caravans went through the Atacama desert, looking for new lands to explore.
Now it’s our turn.
We will travel through this territory with our bikes to enjoy the beauty of its geologic creations and natural phenomenon. We will ride about 700 km starting at the sea level and gradually reaching 4.000 mt to get a final altitude of 4.500.
We will gain altitude progressively to allow ourselves a perfect acclimatization. We will camp in the middle of nowhere or in the small villages that we will find along the way.
Where, for whatever reason, one person is obliged to withdraw, the person must give written notice to Projecting Adventure Cyclism.
Refund will be calculated with this penalty:
Within 45 days from date of departure the penalty fare is 10% of the total cost of the trip. -
Within 30 days from departure the penalty fare is 30% of the total cost of the trip. -
Within 21 days from departure the penalty fare is 60% of the total cost of the trip. -
Within 14 days from departure the penalty fare is 75 % of the total cost of the trip. -
After this date no refund will be given.
No refunds for those who will not show at the start or withdraw during the course of the tour. No refunds for those who could not make the tour due to lack or inaccuracy of the personal travel documents (i.e Visa or Passport).
Traveler understands that some destinations pose more risk than other destinations due to weather conditions, political conditions and the geography of the region. Traveler acknowledges that factors such as, but not limited to, weather conditions, landslides, floods, flight cancelations or delays, strikes, labor troubles, failure of power, restrictive governmental laws or regulations, riots, insurrection, war or other reason of a like nature not the fault of Projecting Adventure Cyclism (hereinafter “Force Majeure Event”) can hinder, delay or even prevent the Traveler’s ability to make or complete the trip. Traveler acknowledges that the Projecting Adventure Cyclism shall not be liable to Traveler for any delay or cancelation of the trip due to a Force Majeure Event. Traveler shall not be entitled to a refund or any other payment for damages from the Projecting Adventure Cyclism in the event that the trip is cancelled or delayed due to a Force Majeure Event. Please note that we are never responsible for any airfare ticket expenses.
- PA-Cyclism guides riding with the group, depending upon the number of participants.
- 2 Nights in hotel at Antofagasta 13-14 October.
- 2 Nights in hotel at Peine plus breakfast and dinner.
- 2 Nights in hotel at Socaire plus breakfast and dinner.
- 1 Night in hotel at Toconao.
- Entrance tickets per Natural Parks - Laguna Miñique y Miscanti and Valle de la Luna.
- 2 Nights in hotel at San Pedro de Atacama.
- Group travel insurance.
- Arrival transfer from Antofagasta´s airport 13 October 2019.
- Departure transfer to Calama´s airport 26 October 2019.
- Flight ticket and overbaggage.
- Lunch and dinner at Antofagasta and San Pedro de Atacama.
- Lunch at Peine and Socaire.
- Additional cost in case of logistic modification (transfers and nights under extra roof, etc.)
- Everything not present in "The price include".